I offer support following bereavement and loss caused by many factors.
Some events may be particularly traumatic such as suicide, murder and most recently, Covid-19.
In these circumstances, it can be really important to find a safe space to process your feelings;
to feel heard and respected, free from pressure.
Sometimes finding a therapeutic space to 'just be' can help.
By working together, we can explore how grief impacts you now;
and examine what your 'new normal' may look and feel like.
I currently offer online and telephone support;
clients have said they find this as effective as a face to face meeting.
"Our grief is as individual as our lives." - Dr. Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
I am a highly qualified and experienced
Bereavement & Loss Counsellor with an established practice,
both online and in Henley on Thames.
Having personally experienced the traumatic death of a close family member,
I really understand the shock, pain, isolation and anger that can be experienced. At that time, I was lucky to find a therapist who could help me process my feelings around the loss.
Put simply, I know that therapy works, and I want it to work for you too.
I strongly believe that with the right support, it is possible to regain a sense of hope for your future.
I trained as a Specialist Bereavement Counsellor with Cruse, the largest UK bereavement charity.
I have featured on both local and national BBC Radio, and contributed to academic research studies and books.
Training, Qualifications & Experience
- Specialist Bereavement Counsellor, Cruse Bereavement Care, Oxford
- Sudden and Traumatic Death Certificate, Cruse Bereavement Care, Oxford
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling, AIM Awards
- Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling, Chrysalis
- Universal Safeguarding for Children Certificate, Time to Talk/Adviza,Reading
- Youth Counsellor, Time to Talk/Adviza, Reading
- BA Honours 1st class: European Humanities
"I feel you
What can I help you with?
Bereavement: I support clients process grief-related reactions after someone dies.
Loss: I help clients process feelings after major loss other than death. Life-changing events like redundancy, illness, or a relationship breakdown can trigger feelings such as fear, panic and worthlessness.
Grief and loss-related reactions may also include: Generalised Anxiety - Mild to moderate depression - Feeling sad - Loss of self confidence.
If your self-esteem, confidence or hope has been shattered by trauma or loss, I can work with you at your own pace, to recover some sense of a 'new normal'.
"Honest listening is one of the best medicine we can offer the dying and the bereaved"
How I Work:
Having qualified as an Integrative counsellor, I focus on a Person-Centred approach for bereavement work.
Practically, this encourages you to process your thoughts and feelings at your own pace; you will be heard with empathy, compassion and respect.
Throughout our time together, you will receive emotional support via non-judgmental yet active listening. Occasionally if appropriate, I may gently encourage you to explore something in more depth, where this may be helpful. The choice will always be yours.
Talking therapy enables us to work with whatever issues you choose to bring to a session. The act of speaking plus the art of active listening can combine to produce positive results such as better insight, deeper understanding and inner peace.
Treatment will be tailored to your needs at all times: you will always be in control of your therapy and its duration. This adheres to the BACP Code of Ethics guideline that a client should experience autonomy regarding their therapeutic process.
"Grief is the price we pay for love" - Colin Murray-Parkes
Next Step & Fees:
"I think it really helps to talk it through"
- To get started, please contact me by phone or email. I will respond to voicemails as quickly as I can, so please do leave a message.
- During a free 10-15 minute telephone assessment, we can discuss how we may work together.
- The following initial consultation may take up to 75 minutes.
- Regular weekly sessions lasting 50 minutes will be at an agreed time each week.
- I offer appointments on Tuesday and Thursday 10am - 4pm, and Wednesday 2pm - 8pm.
The total duration of your therapy will be regularly assessed until ended by mutual agreement.
- Telephone Assessment (10-15 minutes) : Free
- Initial Consultation (up to 75 minutes) : £65
- Regular Session fee (50 minutes) : £65
Fee payment is appreciated on the day of treatment, by bank transfer - thank you!
Full payment will be charged for sessions you miss, unless I can offer an alternative appointment in the same week, subject to availability.